Photobucket

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ding Dong.... the Witch is Dead!

Happy Halloween!  I am just getting into the holiday mood, the house is decorated (after endless begging of my children) and it's starting to cool off, so I guess it's that time of year again.

The other day, I was at the grocery store, searching for a treat for my little scout group, and I ran across Hostess Ding Dongs.... First let me tell you I have a secret obsession with Hostess, maybe because I had a three year drought while we were in Canada, because ever since we came back, there has been plenty of zingers, donuts, fruit pies, you name it, we have tried it.  So I giggled a little the other day when I came across the Ding Dongs knowing we haven't tried them yet, mainly since I don't really love chocolate cake, my kids do, I could pass on the calories.  But when I saw them, immediately I had the phrase, Ding Dong the witch is dead come to mind.  Crazy how craft projects come to mind in the oddest places. I bought them, and as soon as I came home from the grocery store, I ran to the computer to see if Lori had a cute box, or bag, or something that I could put these little babies inside.  And sure enough she did.  So now the hardest part is to figure out who to give them too....(and hope I don't offend them...hee hee)

I used Lori's Witch at box found here, her tag set found here, and a K & Co. Halloween paper pack.  The box was super easy to assemble.  After assembling it, I added the black paper behind the hat so you could see it better, added some buttons, and washi tape.  I finished it off by tying the tag with twine, and adding three little ding dongs to it...  Fast, simple and couldn't be cuter.





2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love how your box turned out. The papers go so well together, and the little button on the witch hat makes a very cute fashion statement!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable box! Love the twine accent too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...