Photobucket

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hello Sunshine - LDS scripture bag

Hello everyone, today we have a break in the paper crafting to share with you a little bag I made for my daughter's birthday.  She turned 8 this last week, and from her grandpa she received a set of scriptures for church.  Since I knew these were coming, I decided to make a bag for her to put them in.  I was in my local craft store and spotted Lori Whitlock's Hello Sunshine collection in fabric from Riley Blake, and since it was to darling to pass up, I grabbed it and came home and went to work.

I pinned this pattern from Pinterest a while back, and actually made ballet bags for both of my girls with it to hold their shoes to take to class.  It was simple and perfect size I made it again for this bag. I did actually make the bottom a little more narrow than the pattern called for so it would fit her scriptures better.  Since it needed a little dressing up, I added the flower to make it a little more frilly, just like my daughter is.  Lets just say she was thrilled with it, and can't wait to take them to church with her.




Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You've been pinned! ) Your "Scripture Bag" is just lovely! I couldn't resist adding it to my Pinterest board: (http://pinterest.com/pin/2744449745170353/)

    Your daughter is a very lucky young lady to have such a gorgeous way to bring her scriptures with her to church! And you're a wonderful mom for making it for her!

    Smiles and Purrs!
    Kitty
    http://www.kittyspretties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...