Photobucket

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ruffled fabric flowers

I'm excited to share with you this cute little project. I would bet you would have never bet that this was made from my silhouette?  When I saw the rolled flowers in Lori's shop I knew that I wanted to try them out of fabric, and they worked.  The key is to use either stiff fabric with some stabilizer under it or, use this thin fabric to cut from.  The fabric I chose was thin polyester lining.  It's used to line skirts or dresses with out adding a lot of bulk.  I came in an array of colors, and it was super cheap.  I cut the fabric 12x12 to fit on my cutting mat, then cut out the shape with my silhouette.  There were a few places that didn't cut all the way through, which I hand trimmed, which is OK because these are not suppose to be perfect.  After I cut them, I grabbed my lighter and singed the edges, making them pucker and curl.  Then I got a needle and thread and had sewed the curls into place, then attached the rhinestone button.  Then hot glued a clip and some felt to clean it up.  Now I have some cute little flowers for my girls hair.  I think they turned out darling, now only if I had the time to make about 100 more!

The file I used was from Lori's shop and you can find it here.










Thanks for stopping by, let me know if you have any questions on how to make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...